This is a different kind of post. When we started this blog we wanted to help people with vacation planning and with our Disney Trip quickly approaching we have focused and given a lot of information on that. The next few blogs are going to be our own opinions on some of the stuff we are going to be doing while at Disney and what we are looking forward to at each park. We are going to be experiencing this all with Alice for the first time and we are so excited to see her reaction to things. This post is about what we are most excited for overall while we are at Disney.
- Meeting Mickey and Minnie: Alice has a love for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We are so excited to be meeting Mickey and Minnie! Although we have no clue how she is going to react to the big characters we are excited to see her reaction good or bad.
(Picture credit to Disney Photopass)
- Meeting the Princesses: We were able to snag reservations at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall on our first day, so meeting up to 5 princesses is going to be amazing. Alice loves all the Princesses, and will sit and watch them for hours. We have Fastpasses at Magic Kingdom as well to meet the princesses and this is a reaction we can’t wait to film and get tons of pictures of. (Hint for the Not So scary Halloween family costume theme is below)
- Unplugging for the weekend: Other than on Instagram, we will be unplugged for the weekend. We have never done this before and we are looking forward to it. No texting, no Facebook, no emails, and sorry everyone no blog. We may do a small update if we get a chance but we have decided to leave the laptop at home. We are going to be spending this time as a family, if you want to see updates please add us on Instagram: Wethebaughers3. Why are we updating Instagram and nothing else? Job purposes, and we will leave it at that.
- Her first rides: Other than at Hershey and on the Merry Go Round Alice has never been on a real ride before. She loved the Hershey Chocolate tour so we are thinking she will love the rides. These are moments even though she is only one, we are excited to see her reaction to now, and then again next year when we go with family.
- Trying all sorts of new foods: This goes for all three, we have plans to try lots of new restaurants and food kiosks while we are there. We are going to be at Disney for the Food and Wine festival but after much research we have found some amazing foods, we still haven’t tried and are on a must try list. We will post a blog later of our Top 10 must try foods another day.
(French Onion Soup at Chefs De France)
- Spending time as a family: With both of our jobs, and the way the schedules work out, weekends are generally the only time we have as a family. With that though comes lots of housework, and your basic to do list. We are looking forward to having sometime together away from all that and also reconnecting as a family. We feel at times we have lost touch and this is going to be a great chance to reconnect.
That is all for today! We are super excited we are 6 days away! Stay tuned for more to come before we leave!
Until next time remember: The best is yet to come!