After lots of talking and debating we have come up with our Top 10 Rides at Walt Disney World.
10) Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom. Now don’t get us wrong, we loved the cool movie you got with the ride if you have the Memory Maker and we loved the picture we got. The ride itself was great and we loved the coaster as a whole. The reason it only ranked a 10 on our list is the fact that it has a ridiculously long wait time. It is a lot of fun and if you are huge into coasters then the long wait time may not seem so bad for you. We went in 2014 and it had a long line then and last time I checked the My Disney Experience App it still had a 160 minute wait at times and it is 2017.
9) Rock N Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios. Again another awesome coaster, we love that we can take advantage of the single rider line here. We do occasionally like to ride together and again this coaster tends to have a huge wait time. Overall the experience is great and if you want to get on multiple times we highly recommend taking full advantage of the single rider line.
8) Jungle Cruise at Magic Kingdom. Alright we have to admit this one was all Chris, this is one of his absolute favorite rides for one reason: It’s unBEARably punny. Now it is fun and most of the skippers really go all out with this experience on getting everyone to laugh. We both enjoy this ride. It is also a great sit down and relax kind of ride. It gets you off your feet for a little while and it does get some good laughs out of it. We also like that for the winter holiday season it turns into the Jingle Cruise which is a lot of fun.
7) Peter Pan’s Flight at Magic Kingdom. Peter Pan’s flight was a lot of fun we love the detail they put in this. Also this one tends to have a long wait time but honestly the interactive cue and detail put into the cue makes waiting not nearly as hard. We do recommend a Fastpass for this one if you don’t want to wait in the 90 minute line. The flying over London, finding the hidden gems and details like Ariel from the little mermaid. It is honestly worth the wait and worth the time for us at least to ride this.
6) Test Track at Epcot. We love Test Track and again another one with a chance to use the single rider line to get on multiple times quicker than waiting in the cue. We love that you get to design your own car and see how it holds up against others. This didn’t make it higher in our list because honestly even when you do fastpass this ride takes forever to get to the actual ride portion and the ride isn’t all that long. Honestly we like the new vamped up Test Track but we miss when it use to look like a workshop, now it is more of a showroom.
5) Toy Story Mania (Hollywood Studios) / Buzz Lightyears Space Rangers Spin (Magic Kingdom). The two shooting galleries, we paired these together because they are very similar and we love them. It is a fun competitive game to go against your family and it is also great to try and get the top rankings. If you get a perfect score at Buzz Lightyears (99,999) you are a galactic hero and they will give you a pin sometimes or a certificate!! Toy Story Mania is awesome for the 3D effects and you and your partner can team up to unlock the big points!
4) Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom. “It’s the Truth…It’s Actual…Everything is Satisfactual!” We love splash mountain because it is a blast! This is great on a warm day and also great way to end the night. No really we rode this at night and it was the best. We love during the evening parades getting “Stuck” over by big thunder mountain and splash mountain for the fact that they have such little lines during the parades! Always be prepared to get soaked! we recommend bringing ziplock bags for your phones that might be in your bags, it will help keep them dry.
3) Everest at Animal Kingdom. We love Everest and we ride it a lot while at Animal Kingdom. The cue for this one is pretty cool, lots of details went into this ride. We also love the thrill of getting to the top and it is the end of the line, and then you go backwards! The downfall we have found with this ride is that if you sit in the very back you miss the cool animation that happens after going backwards before it sends you off again. This ride also has available to it the single rider line, which we have utilized a number of times.
2) Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom. Space mountain is thrilling and exciting especially since you have no clue what is coming and can’t anticipate a drop because YOU CAN’T SEE! The dark element to this ride is what makes it so thrilling, and we love the cue has an interactive part that gives you something to do on long waits. We also like that there are two tracks so we haven’t seen the wait time exceed 70 minutes in a while. We also love to look down where the space men are hanging from the ceiling and wave to those who are riding people mover!
1) Our number one is…..TOWER OF TERROR at Hollywood studios!! Yes if you haven’t guessed it we like the dark thrilling rides. Tower of Terror is a classic and a must do at Hollywood studios. We love getting into the elevator and wait for the bellhop to say good-bye since lots of them really get into it and try to frighten you before the doors close. The ride through the twilight zone as you approach the drop shaft gets you into the twilight mood. Not to mention you never know how many times the ride will drop you. We like to play a game before we hit the shaft called up or down. Will it shoot you up first or will it drop you first. You also get a pretty cool movie with this ride as well if you have the memory maker. The randomization of this ride and all the thrills that come with it make it our number one!
So there you go our top 10 rides! What are your favorites? Let us know in the comments below!
Until next time remember: The best is yet to come!!!